my counter

ikut? silakan ^^v

Friday, February 17, 2012

It's already 8 months!



I ADMIT that I have very low memory.
But I want to recall the date I came back to this company.
*Open up the calendar, browsing previous months, February - January - Zazz - June 2011*


Yes. It's on June I decided to work right after Terang Architectural Workshop.
Supposed they call me to come somewhere in May but I have explained that I was involved in the event. Fortunately the architecture industry and chemistry we have - Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM), Persatuan Arkitek Malaysia (PAM) and architecture schools; we know our event so well. Thats why they easily accept my excuse to start work at the end of June.


Lets do some summary what I have learned for this ...... (counting) ehhem? (counting again...) ............................................... 8 MONTHS of working! Seriously 8 months? WOW!! How times flies!

Flashback


June - Project brief regarding public-privatization-project (PPP) of Lembaga Peperiksaan Malaysia for Kementerian Pelajaran Malaysia. The proposed site is in Bandar Enstek, Nilai. We have to prepare the schematic design proposal knowing that we are actually compete with other company to get the job. By the time we have to come out with 3 alternative masterplans, I was given a renovation project named Azizah's House located in Taman Danau Kota, Setapak. Two projects run at one time.

            As I was new to the office, I need to undergo 3 months of training before I can proceed as permanent staff. Typical office system.


July - Our life is in front of the computer most of the time. Hitting the mouse so hard, combining colored lines. The basic skills we got to have and should be expertise (at least) using the AutoCAD software (2D), SketchUp (3D). From computer I move aside to the A0 butter paper, sketch out the 3 alternative masterplans for LPM, for this one we do together as a team.


August - It is Ramadhan. Less meetings, more progress on the drawing and masterplans. Changes on the office hour - 8.30 am - 4.30 pm.


September - Raya. More holidays, less working days. The projects get back on track. More focus on LPM - prepare panel boards, get those sketches transferred into computer.  Got more meetings. For sure, make new network with new people.


October - Prepare for LPM's presentation (KSU meeting) which will be held very soon. And yayy! I officially have become permanent staff in ArAH Design! Of course, my payslip does changed! ;D

               - ISO meeting have been conducted. Our company is going into ISO.


November - LPM's presentation. Got another project - BTHO apartments. Have to come out with 2 alternatives. Again, manually sketch, and get the things inside the computer quickly.

              *Faster fill up Graduate Architect's application forms. The second step need to do right after received your architecture degree scroll.
              *Send my Graduate Architect's application to LAM along with prays.


December - More updated software was introduced and purchased by the company - AutoCAD 2012 for Mac, SketchUp Pro, inc Vray. We are forced to use iMac 100%, no more Dell.

               - Try so hard to utilize the KulSubmission (DBKL) - online submission system.
               - Effective month to apply all the ISO requirements and procedures. P/S: Work is getting serious. Yes, ISO is very serious business. It is about management.


January - Prepare submission drawings for Azizah's House. Discussion meeting with client and engineers. The company have purchased another new software - ArchiCAD. I'm falling in love with it!! So flexible and makes our work much easier! Got ArchiCAD trainings. Started to use Artlantis as the second 3D software after SketchUp.

              *ALHAMDULILLAH! Officially has become Graduate Architect approved by Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia! My registered number is AG/A 458. Lucky numbers uh? =p One step closer to be the real architect. Have to undergo minimum 2 years of working experience before taking part 3 exams. Pray for the best.


February - Went to DBKL for some enquiries. Drawing's rejected. Now back to design development.

             *We have conducted the Internal Audit for ISO. Unfortunately, I got 1 NCR because I didn't fill up the design brief form properly. :'(


***


             When the auditor asked me about the Azizah's House project, somehow I recall back what I have done for the past 8 months. Yes, I can say that Azizah's House progress have portrayed my 8 months of work performance. From the very rough sketches, it is now have been printed and to be submitted soon. Yet to be approved. And then? Construction will begin. That would be my first baby and my touch being constructed :)
              Along the way I praised to ALLAH for giving me such beautiful opportunities to learn and explore. He gave me good people to guide me; kind bosses, nice and helpful officemates, we work in a very good working environment. Even the fees wasn't so much, at least I'm happy.


             ..... The more you believe in Him, the stronger you become.


May ALLAH bless.

No comments: